Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blue and White, Wine Charms and Crochet Goodies

Welcome to my latest blog. I'm off to sunny South Africa this week-end so you won't hear from me until I get back. It's the first time in about 15 years that I am going back and I am so excited! Just wish I could take my whole family with me. I hope to come back with my creativity rejuvenated. I'm also looking forward to getting inspiration from the traditional African art and handcrafts.


I love it that our team is so diverse. American born CC lived in Thailand prior to moving to Chile, and the Asian influence is so clearly visible in her jewelry. When I saw CC's (Blue and White Wear) beautiful Chinese Ming Blue and White Pendant and Beads Necklace, I was immediately struck by the pendant created from a porcelain Ming Dynasty shard.  Three porcelain hand-painted  round beads flank the silver framed pendant on each side. The characters on the beads represent longevity, happiness, wealth, love, and good fortune.

I love the sentiments expressed in this necklace - what a meaningful gift to give someone you love.

http://www.etsy.com/people/bluewhitejewelrywear








If you like to entertain and you're always running short of wine glasses because your guests keep getting confused as to which is their glass and so take another clean one. Well, Absolutely Kismet has the answer  - a set of 6 wine charms made from seed beads, focal beads and pewter charms. What a great hostess gift, too. These charms fit around most stemware and some coffee mugs. You can also custom order so that you get exactly what you need to dress up your next party! .http://www.etsy.com/people/AbsolutelyKismet



Ellen Mackler of GMaEllenCrochetGifts was inspired by her very creative grandmothers and her love



of crochet is a result of their influence. I also love to crochet, so I was very taken by her

Drop Shell Crochet Jangle Bracelet/Necklace . She has crochet natural shell beads on nylon thread. This can be worn as a necklace, wrapped four times for a bracelet or an anklet. The possibilities are endless!  I can imagine this worn with a white sheath dress - what a stunning image!


http://www.etsy.com/shop/GMaEllenCrochetGifts?page=4

Please visit these wonderful shops - you will be as amazed and delighted as I was by their creativity.

I look forward to sharing more when I return from South Africa.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my wine charms! The ones with letters are my hottest items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe journey Delia - and give my love to South Africa! Especially the Garden Route area, if you're headed there. That was the best time of my 8 months sojourn in that country in the 1960's!

    Look forward to hearing from you again on your return - and seeing the results of your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great group of items you shared. thank you. and have a wonderful trip!
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature, thank you Delia. I have you on my assignment roster, however will wait until you return from vacation to promote your shop. Thanks for being a part of Best Team! Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete