Monday, February 13, 2012

When I look at my team members' shops, I am overawed at the variety, novelty and beauty that abounds, and all the artistic talent that is out there.


I felt an immediate kinship with Beader Bubbe as my life is immersed in that of my four precious treasures, ranging in age from 10 to 16. My fourteen year old granddaughter, Micaela, is my constant supporter and design advisor and, in fact, is co- administrator on my FaceBook fan page. I also love to read and Agnes has a wonderful blog for anyone trying to find a good book to lose themselves in. 



My goal is to learn how to use polymer clay and so admire people who are able to produce such professional jewelry. I love the colors on this Rainbow Necklace - they are perfect for lifting our spirits on a gloomy winter day or for enhancing a spring or summer outfit. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/57978001/free-ribbonrainbow-necklace


Connie Haskell in her Redemption Art Shop has a unique and eclectic collection of wonderful items. If I were an interior designer, I would go no further than this shop. I particularly love the Tea Pot Copper Portugal Vintage.



 With my South African upbringing, tea time was marked in our home every day, and I still get nostalgic when I see beautiful teapots. I remember a copper one in my mother's house.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79293008/tea-pot-copper-portugal-vintage

In her Empty on the Inside shop,  Annie Olverio has a wonderful display of beautiful cards. I love it that they are empty on the inside so that I can write my own message which is always so much more meaningful than a commercial one. Her cards are so varied in design that there is a suitable one for any occasion. In these days of fast living and instant gratification, how special when someone sends you a card that they have actually taken the time to think about the message.



I chose to highlight the Groovy Greeting Card as it is my favorite, but the artwork on each card is stunning!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/70710950/groovy-greeting-card-blank-funky-flowers

Enjoy my blog - I'm still grappling with the page formatting, how to mix graphics and text with an easier flow. Any ideas?


7 comments:

  1. That tea pot is amazing. I'll be check out these shops shortly,

    Thank you for sharing.
    Lilly DelValle

    Www.MyAncientoils.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet feature, DeeDee! I love that you chose "Groovy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that others in the team struggle to do feature blogs correctly. Still trying to find the right way, so will go back to my own way - and hope I'll get there somehow. You're all making me guilty at not pulling my weight!

    Love your latest choice Dee Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab intro to the BEST team Delia, so glad to "meet" you through this forum!
    xx Joyflower
    joysilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm awarding you a Versatile Blogger Award: http://www.stitchsilly.com/2012/02/balance.html

    To pay it forward, create a post mentioning the award. Include 7 factoids about yourself in the post. Then list 15 blogs you'll bestow with a Versatile Blogger Award.

    I've posted about this at www.ColdhamCuddliescalllng.blogspot.com and hope that you'll find the award acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great first feature Delia. And I collect tea pots, hmmm, maybe it's time for another visit to Connie, lol. and Isobel, do your blog in YOUR style, what works best for you. We love all our BESTies.
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Delia! Thank you so much for featuring my copper tea pot. I am so glad you're a part of the Best Team! Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete